The Samsung Exynos 2200 chipset launch will get increasingly more curious. Following the silent elimination of the The month of january 11 launch, now Samsung has silently released a comment pr release along with a short, strange launch video.
Similar to the delayed launch, the possible lack of fanfare from Samsung about its new flagship SoC is concerning.
And also the gaps in understanding are huge… let’s check out what we should have here around the new 4nm process.
The Exynos 2200 includes a new AMD RDNA 2-based Xclipse 920 GPU. This is actually the highlight, and originates from the announcement in The month of january 2021 of the partnership.
The expectations are of a giant boost within the Mali GPU on last year’s Exynos 2100.
Samsung is asking what it really can provide as “console-quality” visuals with hardware-faster ray tracing and variable rate shading.
The Xclipse GPU is pointed out as the “first consequence of multiple planned generations of AMD RDNA graphics in Exynos SoCs,” so there’s room to develop here.
Not sure on clock speeds or cores.
Over around the all-important CPU, what’s in Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is all about what you’ll get here: the brand new Arm v9 architecture, along with a Cortex-X2 prime core, three Cortex-A710 performance cores, and 4 Cortex-A510 efficiency cores.
Again, Samsung hasn’t listed CPU clock speeds.
And also the before Samsung didn’t list clock speeds was the Exynos 990 within the S20 line which had GPU overheating issues.
Another elements like ISP, NPU, and modem are there.
Around the ISP, the Exynos 2200 supports a 200MP single camera, a 108MP single camera at 30fps, or 64MP 36MP dual cameras at 30fps, together with video abilities including 4K HDR, 4K/120fps, and 8K/30fps recording.
The NPU has additionally seen upgrading: double the amount performance when compared to Exynos 2100 machine learning plastic.
As well as on the modem, there’s support for that 3GPP release 16 features, downlink speeds as high as 5.1Gbps and seven.35Gbps via sub-6GHz and mmWave correspondingly, and much more details.
Late launch, little fanfare, no clock speeds. It’s possible this isn’t as much as componen using the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 or Mediatek Dimensity 9000.
Reviews from the Exynos-versions from the S22 series is going to be interesting.
- OnePlus product timeline tipped: OnePlus 10 Pro in March, Nord N20 in Feb? (Android Authority).
- Redmi Note 11 series will launch globally later this month (Android Authority).
- Oppo Find X5 Pro camera specs leak: Bye-bye micro-lens? (Android Authority).
- Apple replacing 13-inch MacBook Pro with 14-inch ‘M2’ model, leaker states (AppleInsider).
- These framework laptop mods show us precisely why modular computers are extremely awesome (Gizmodo).
- Logitech’s Pen is really a durable stylus designed for Chromebooks within the classroom. It’s $65, however for educational purposes for the time being (The Verge).
- In non-Android/iOS phone news: The PinePhone Pro brings upgraded hardware towards the Linux phone, with preorders from now from $399 (Ars Technica).
- New game: Wikitrivia is really a web game that challenges your understanding of historic dates. It’s pretty tricky! (The Verge).
- A brand new Big Tech foe launches today: The Tech Oversight Project organization will push for giant Tech antitrust regulation having a campaign-style launch (WashPo).
- This really is pretty wild: China’s ‘People’s Courts’ resolve online disputes at tech firms: Volunteers jurors resolved 500 to 700 cases each day at one company this past year: “In one situation, a person published an evaluation complaining of poor service in a buffet restaurant following a worker advised the client to not waste food. The jury sided using the restaurant and also the publish was removed.” (Wired).
- Over 100 different species chose to make this 2,200-year-old shipwreck home, study finds (Ars Technica).
- “With the Tonga Volcano happening my boy requested me how lengthy it might require another Nz-sized island to emerge within the South Off-shore. Will it be dependent on 1000’s of years or billions? Or would it happen tomorrow?” (r/askreddit). Also: Off-shore volcano – science will show you event’s ferocity (BBC).
Application Annie released its yearly set of the Condition of Mobile 2022, using the usual concentrate on apps, with this particular little bit of detail extracted: