Electricity bills have to be paid, month after month. It is crucial for enjoying an uninterrupted electricity supply from your service provider. As we all know, electricity is essential to run most of the devices at home. Be it your smart devices or the basic lights of your room; electric supply makes a big difference to our lives.
What are the ways to pay electric bills?
There are two ways – offline and online. Offline methods mostly deal with paying cash, demand drafts, and cheques. These payments can be done at the regional office of your electric supply provider. It could also involve paying via credit and debit cards physically at a store or even at service providers. Online methods include paying via digital methods, including Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Net Banking, payment apps, UPI apps, digital wallets, and more.
What are digital wallets?
E-wallets, digital wallets, or electronic wallets are some of the best ways to pay safely and effectively. Unlike physical wallets, you do not have to carry hard currencies in the e-wallets. Your smartphone becomes your medium of payment. The digital wallet saves your credit card or banking details electronically. Using a smart app, you can pay any service provider, anytime, from anywhere. What is required to use an e-wallet?
- Your smartphone
- Secure and reliable internet connection
- A payment app that comes with a digital wallet facility
MobiKwik – one of the safest digital wallets in India
Online light bill payment becomes such a smooth job once you have chosen to go ahead with MobiKwik. It is a digital wallet wherein users need to download the app on their mobile. Here are the steps to follow to pay your electricity bills online using the MobiKwik App.
Step 1 – Download the app from Google Play or App Store.
Step 2 – Register yourself. For this, you need to provide your name and mobile number.
Step 3 – Link your bank account or credit card account details to make a seamless money transfer.
The above three steps are mandatory to start using the app for payments of all kinds.
Now to pay bills online, especially for electricity payment, follow the steps given below:
- Open the app and head straight to the recharge section.
- Select ‘Electricity’ as the category
- A dropdown menu will appear. You need to select your electricity provider.
- Enter your utility consumer number in the next tab. Once you have done this, press Go.
- The electric bill will appear right on the mobile screen. Now click on ‘Make Payment’ to complete the payment process.
What is MobiKwik Zip?
Zip is a feature that the digital wallet app offers to its registered users. It is an online credit facility that works in the Buy Now Pay Later format. Suppose your credit limit is over on your card and your bank account is overdrawn, you can use the Zip facility to meet urgent money requirements.
In this case, MobiKwik acts like a personal loan app. Some of the key features are:
- As a registered app user, you can access a credit limit up to 30,000 anytime, anywhere.
- The amount is credited directly to your digital wallet
- You can use this money for any expense, including paying for utility bills.
- The good thing is that more than 1 lakh+ brands and service providers accept payment from the ZIP model.
This is a credit, it means that you need to repay the money to the app company. How? It is a very simple process. Firstly, whatever unused amount you have, you can use it anytime. Secondly, the invoice for your expenses is raised twice a month – on the first of the next month and the 16th of the same month. Your credit is completely interest free if the bill is paid back on time. Other features of the product are-
- Timely payments help you improve your credit score.
- Not just that, getting a credit via the app involves minimal documentation.
- The credit approval process is short and fast, unlike typical processes that are long-drawn.
With the MobiKwik app, payments have become a hassle-free affair.