YouTube has undoubtedly become one of the most engaging social media platforms. You will find all types of people spending hours on the platform, even your target audience. If you have created good content on YouTube, you can use it by sharing it on different platforms, especially websites. Embedding YouTube widgets to your website is a great way to get more traction. You can easily add a YouTube widget to any website builder. There are multiple methods that you can implement to add a YouTube widget to your website.
Ways of Adding YouTube Widget to Your Website
There are two main methods of adding YouTube Widget to your website, one through YouTube manually and the other is by using social media aggregator tools. We will understand the process of both methods in detail.
Method 1: Adding YouTube Widget Manually
If you are trying the first method, follow these steps to add a YouTube widget to your website.
Step-1: Go to the video you want to embed in your webpage and copy the URL of the video.
Step-2: Now paste the YouTube video URL in the classic or block editor of your webpage builder. The video will automatically appear on the page. If you check the preview, you will see how the video will appear on the webpage.
Step-3: Save the changes to add the YouTube widget.
You can also add the YouTube widget manually through another long method.
- Go to the YouTube video you want to add to your website and click on the Share button.
- Then select the embed option.
- You will see an HTML code, so copy it.
- Go to your website builder and choose the option to add custom HTML code, then paste the code of your YouTube video.
- You can see the preview and then publish it.
The manual method is time-consuming and extensive as it involves some unnecessary steps. It also doesn’t offer you customization functionality, so you will need a developer who can customize it for you.
Method 2: Adding YouTube Widget with Social Media Aggregator Tools
There are many social media aggregator tools in the market that allow you to add the YouTube widget to your website and also customize it to your preferences. Let’s understand the process with an example of social media aggregator tools like Taggbox.
Before knowing the steps to add a YouTube widget, you need to create a free or paid account with the social media aggregator tool so you can use it.
Steps to add YouTube widget with social media aggregator tool like Taggbox:
- The first step is to select and add the youtube videos you want to add to your website. On Taggbox Widget, you can do this by using the ‘Add Social Feed’ option and then selecting YouTube as the source to collect all the YouTube videos.
You can use different options to collect videos from YouTube, like mentioning the YouTube channel URL, your playlist, any specific keywords, or the location to collect the videos.
- Then click on Create Feed to present your selected videos.
- With social media aggregator tools like Taggbox, you can design your feed by choosing different themes, backgrounds, and a banner.
- Social media aggregator tools also help you moderate your YouTube Widget feed by highlighting good quality posts, removing unwanted posts, and editing the content that appears with the videos.
- Once you have customized the YouTube videos feed as per your requirements, you can publish it.
- Now, you have to select the website builder platform to get the embed code. Social media aggregator tools offer you different links compatible with various website-building platforms.
You can change the size of your YouTube widget as per your requirement. Copy the embed code from here.
- Now, log in to your website builder and paste this code. Now hit the Publish button to embed the YouTube widget to your website.
Benefits of Creating a YouTube Widget with Social Media Aggregator Tool
- With customized YouTube widgets, you can show only quality content and remove poor quality content from appearing on your website.
- You can also add user-generated content related to your brand with the help of social media aggregator tools.
- The customized quality feed on the widget improves the overall content quality of your website and increases the dwell time of the visitors.
- It also increases conversions and engagement.
Adding a YouTube widget to your website is a very simple process. You don’t have to make many efforts if you use the 1st method mentioned above in this blog. But if you want to bring the best results with the YouTube widget, you should prefer using the 2nd method, i.e., a social media aggregator tool. It will improve the content of your YouTube widget and add more value to your website.