Finding the right mattress for your kids is not easy, especially with the rise in the number of options. Besides, kids have different sleeping habits. They sleep in different positions. Apart from this, you will have so many things to consider before buying a mattress like the material used, price, quality, mattress reviews, etc.
However, a good night’s sleep is very much important for both adults and kids to stay healthy and active. So it’s important to do your due diligence.If you would like to know more about kids mattresses in Melbourne check out Eco Kids
Remember that, sleep quality can affect your kids in many ways. In short, poor sleep can cause several problems like headaches, uneasiness in the stomach, heart problems, etc. Your kids will also become completely stressed out due to lack of sleep. Hence, you should ensure that your kids sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours daily.
What to consider while choosing a mattress for kids?
Mentioned below is the list of a few things that you should consider when buying a mattress. Some of them include –
- Waterproof – When choosing a mattress for your kids make sure that you choose a waterproof mattress. It almost goes without saying what kids do sometimes on the bed when they are asleep. But in simple words, your child may wet the bed sometimes.
This is the reason why it is better to choose a waterproof mattress. If you don’t have enough money to buy a waterproof mattress then try to buy a cover at least to protect your mattress from damage.
- Mattress Density – When choosing a mattress for your kids, you should always choose the denser ones. In fact, the denser the mattress the better comfort it offers to your kids. You can measure density in terms of firmness. Better the firmness, the better its density would be.
You can simply test the density of a mattress by simply pressing your hands on the sides of the mattress. If you are unable to push the sides of a mattress easily using your hands then it is a denser one. Such mattresses usually last long.
- Eco-friendly Materials – Kids are generally sensitive. Hence, you have to make sure that you choose the mattresses that are made using green or eco-friendly materials. Look for the Certi-PUR-US certification to be sure that you are buying an eco-friendly mattress. Some of the harmful chemicals which you avoid include phthalates, polyurethane, etc.
- Soft Mattress – Choose a soft mattress always if you want your kids to have a good sleep at night.
- Firmness – Choose the firmness of a mattress keeping their age in mind. Most of the kids generally choose mattresses with medium firmness for their kids. This type of mattress with medium firmness suits kids of any age.
- Mattress Topper – We all know that kids grow very fast. Due to this the mattress which you bought may not suit them in future. The mattress firmness may not suit them. Hence, you may need to buy a mattress topper to adjust its firmness. Choose a mattress topper from a good brand always. A good mattress topper can also improve the life of your mattress.
- Durability – Pick a mattress that is more durable if you want to save your money in the long run. The durability of mattresses generally varies from one mattress to the other. However, it sometimes depends on the way you maintain it. Make sure that you always choose a quality mattress if you are looking for more durable mattresses.
- Maintenance – Buy a mattress that is easy to maintain and wash. Certain mattresses can attract dust mites and dirt. Hence, you have to choose a mattress that is easy to wash and maintain.
- Dust Mite Resistant – Choose a mattress, which is dust mite and dust resistant. Choosing such types of mattresses can help your kids stay comfortable in bed. This will also protect them from allergy as well.
- Heat Resistant – When it comes to a mattress, it may absorb heat. Hence, make sure that you choose a mattress, which doesn’t retain heat.
One of the best examples of a heat-resistant mattress is a cooling mattress. No doubt, your kids will sleep happily on the bed when you choose a cooling mattress.