If you are conversant with the internet and go on Google to search for things, you must have come across some ads. You might be curious about how it came about and what it is called; this article will do justice. You will also be taught how to go about it independently along the line.
The topic of discussion is Google Ad; Google ad is a type of advertisement run by Google. It was formerly referred to as Google Ad Words. Sellers and business owners bid to have their business advertisements displayed. This advert can consist of the offers and additional information if they are running a promo. In addition, it has a Pay per Click option where the advertiser gets a commission after a person clicks on the ad. It could also be to create an impression.
Key terms you need to know in Google advertising
Before we delve into the different types of Google ads available, we need to understand some key terms. These key terms will aid easy comprehension as we advance.
- Bidding- like when auctioning, you are bargaining on how much you will pay for the run ad. The higher you pay, the better the placement you get.
- Keywords- these are specific words that give the best description of your service. Hence, it would help if you used the right keywords.
- Ad Campaign- these are ads that are similar in the budget, setting, location, targeting and other things.
- Conversion- conversion is the end product here; the buyer has done the action that you require. For example, either bought a product, signed up for a programme, etc.
Types of Google Ad campaigns
Having learnt a few of the keywords needed for understanding Google ads, we move to the next stage. Here we will be highlighting the types of Google adsand how they work.
- Google search ads- texts or writing that appear when you search for something on the search engine. This sort of campaign brings the seller in contact with the buy. One way of doing this is to compose a convincing write-up with the necessary keywords. Then, when the word is searched, it brings the advert directly to the buyer or searcher.
- Display ads- unlike Google search ads, this particular campaign deals with pictures or graphics, as the case may be. The focus of this campaign is people who might be interested in your product or service but do not need it at the moment. It capitalises on the power of an image to increase your brand awareness. Google Display Network is another type of display ad. The only difference is that it is more specific here; you can choose where and who you want to see your ad.
- Video ads- this is video advertising where an advert video is placed before or after the video you are watching on YouTube. Even if you are interested or not, the video is set to play for 5 minutes before you can decide to skip it. The video should be short and straight to the point to captivate the view within 5 seconds.
- Shopping ads- this type of ad is specifically for searchers who are ready to buy. This type of campaign displays all the necessary details like price, seller, review and others. It brings traffic to a store and also helps to boost sales.
- App Ads campaign- if you have an application for your business, this is the best platform to promote it. Once you set the specification for your app, the ad will be done for you.
With the basic knowledge of all the campaigns you can run with Google, choosing your choice will be easy.