For every modern user, the smartphone camera is very important. With it, you can take pictures for any social network or just for the family archive, and you should also use green screen apps for Android to make creative videos. For more information, check out Skylum’s blog.
With so many variants on the market, choosing the best camera phone is a very difficult task because different photography-oriented smartphones take various approaches to capture images.
To make it easier and faster for you to decide on your choice, here’s a look at the top best camera phones of 2022.
Check the following when making your choice
- Camera resolution (megapixels) – the more there are, the sharper and more detailed the picture will be.
- Additional features. Just a large number of megapixels is not enough. It is important to pay attention to the camera’s capabilities. Automatic frame correction by artificial intelligence, special modes of shooting, automatic change of color depth – all this will improve the picture.
- The camera also has a built-in stabilization feature. This feature helps to compensate for motion. As a result, even during walking you can take a clear shot and take a video without jerks. Stabilization can be optical (OIS) and electronic (EIS). In the optical one, the camera sensor detects motion (such as a shaking hand). It shifts the camera lens to neutralize the shaking. EIS stabilization uses a digital method and software. OIS is usually found in flagship smartphones.
- Battery. It is better to take from 4000 mAh so that the smartphone does not die quickly while shooting video or photo shoots.
- Memory capacity. It is better to have as much RAM and built-in memory as possible. For example, 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of built-in. So that the smartphone doesn’t slow down, and there is enough space for all the pictures.
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The main advantage of a camera phone – is three rear modules (50 MP + 48 MP + 12 MP). There is an optical image stabilization system and fast autofocus. Google Pixel 6 Pro is equipped with artificial intelligence, which automatically adjusts the brightness, white balance, and sharpness. In night mode images are decent, and noise appears only when shooting with a wide-angle camera.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Powerful, stylish gadget with a large and bright AMOLED screen. It has excellent cameras. On the rear side, there are 3 (50 MP + 48 MP + 48 MP). There is optical stabilization and accurate color reproduction. A big plus is the cool night mode with almost no noise, with deep blacks and special settings for shooting the moon. A small display on the back, which is located next to the main camera, allows you to take awesome selfies on the main module.
OPPO Find X5 Pro
The model with an unusual design and ceramic body. It does not look much different from the glass. There are fewer scratches on it.
But the main advantage of the phone is the cameras. There are three rear lenses (50 MP + 13 MP + 50 MP). The processing of images involved the proprietary coprocessor MariSilicon X. It helps to automatically improve the frame.
There is a High-Res mode to take pictures at maximum resolution. Night pictures are bright, without noise, flares, and strong shadows. There is also a special night mode for shooting video.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The 108 MP main camera has a larger sensor that lets in more light. The ultra-transparent glass on this lens eliminates glare when shooting at dusk and night. The result is better photos in low light.
Other improvements to the camera concern the software. You now get adaptive pixel technology to combine 9 pixels into one (another low-light photo improvement), improved high-resolution AI processing, and 4x faster multi-frame processing. Portrait mode uses AI Stereo Depth Maps to better separate your subject from the background of the frame. And auto-crop video recognizes up to 10 people and keeps them in focus while you shoot.
OnePlus 10 Pro
The OnePlus 10 Pro has three main cameras: the first is a 48-megapixel Sony IMX789 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture. It has optical stabilization. The second sensor is from Samsung and it is an ultra-wide-angle (150 degrees) module of 50 megapixels. The third is an 8-megapixel telephoto module. OIS and 3.3x optical zoom are declared for it.
Collaboration with Hasselblad has given various features with AI turned on. These are Natural Color Optimizer 2.0 and Hasselblad XPan, which give different effects when taking pictures. True, they greatly increase the size of the photo.
Of course, it is not easy to choose one of the many smartphones offered on the market. Each user is guided by his preferences and needs. In our top, you can find both flagship and more budget models. With their help, you will surely be able to take high-quality photos and videos and even realize your interesting ideas using green screen apps for Android. Read Skylum’s blog to find out how to do it. We wish you a good choice and great shots!