Monsoon Season is the best season for going on a Trek , with all the pleasant weather , Cool Breeze , Clouds Hovering Above you , Fog, Mountains Tearing the Clouds , Little Bit Of Drizzling going on , Peacocks Making their Happy sound . That’s What Makes Monsoon Treks Amazing and According to me ,One Should take a Monsoon Trek once in his life , because once you take a monsoon trek you will feel like going on a monsoon trek again and again.
So Here are some of the Best Monsoon Trek to Undertake In India :
- Valley Of Flowers
Valley Of Flowers Is Located In Uttarakhand in Chamoli and It is one of the Best Treks to Do In Monsoon. The Valley Of Flowers Opens In June and Closes in October.It Is one Of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites. It Is also Called Phoolo Ki Ghati. Speciality of Valley of Flowers is that there are More than 300 species of Flowers found here and Many rare species of Flowers and Animals Are also found here.The View from Here is so Good that it will surely make your heart skip a beat.There is a Gurudwara called Hemkund sahib and it is the highest gurudwara in the world so make sure to visit that place as well , It will be a mesmerizing experience.
- Best time to Visit- Best time to visit Valley Of Flowers is from June to October.
- Level Of Difficulty – Level Of difficulty for Valley Of Flowers ranges from Easy to Moderate.
- Hampta Pass
Hampta Pass Is Situated at a Height of 14,039 ft In Himalayas. It Used to be a corridor between Kullu Valley and Lahaul’s Chandra Valley. Hampta Pass is a paradise for a person who loves nature and wants to be in the Lap of nature. And the weather and scenery in Hampta pass changes Every Hour. So all The Nature Lovers should add Hampta Pass to their Bucket List.
- Best time to visit – Best time to Visit Hampta pass is From June to September .
- Level Of Difficulty – Level of Difficulty of Hampta pass is moderate.
Bhrigu Lake is a trek that isolates you from Human population as the place is undiscovered rather hidden from the general Public and Bhrigu Lake is also at the half of Height of Mt.Everest which is an achievement in itself. The Speciality of this trek is that the Lake is frozen in the month of June and because of the rains the place gives you a very pleasant smell of wet soil.
- Level of Difficulty – Level of difficulty of this trek is Easy to Moderate.
- Markha Valley trek
Located In Ladakh it is considered as one of the most fabulous treks in Monsoon Season and this trek is famous worldwide. Markha Valley trek offers beautiful views of Ladakh and Zanskar Ranges in Ladakh. The Best Part of this trek is when you pass through Kongmaru La and the mesmerizing view of Mt Kang Yatse. This trek has everything – Watercrossings, Lush Green Forests , Barren Mountains. This Place is worth visiting.
- Best time to Visit – Best Time To Visit Markha Valley Trek is From July To September .
- Level Of Difficulty – Level Of Difficulty of Markha Valley Trek is Moderate to Difficult.
- Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Located in Kashmir at a Height of 13,750 Ft , Situated 75km away from Srinagar Kashmir Great Lakes Is Known as the Prettiest Trek in India. Kashmir great lakes is a Perfect Place for all the Nature and Adventure Lovers. There Are Lakes which are named after the gods and each one of them has interesting stories behind them , and even while trekking you will see villages below you. Sonmarg is visible from this trek.
It gives you a 360 degree view of meadows , Snow clad Mountains. There are 7 alpine lakes present all along the trek .
This is A secret place Hidden In Kashmir. There are a Variety of Flora and Fauna found in this place as well , like maple trees , Pine Trees and many other trees are found here . Hence everyone who is fond of trekking should put this in your Bucket List.
- Best time to Visit – Best time to Visit Kashmir Great Lakes is From June To September.
- Level Of Difficulty – Level Of difficulty for this trek is Moderate to difficult . It is strictly not for Beginners and hence adequate trekking experience before starting this trek