Scuba diving is one of those beach activities that are relaxing as well as adventurous. Offering us humans a sneak peek into the marine life and underwater world, diving is excellent for mental healing and relaxation as well. You can leave all the worldly tensions while listening to nothing but your thoughts. When you are diving in the endless blue waters, while cute little fishes swim all around you, you realize the vastness of this universe and feel humbled as well.
Scuba is one of those adventures that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and genders, given that they don’t have any medical condition. Scuba diving is one of the most popular beach activities in India, as the warm coastal waters allow the proliferation of a wide variety of corals.
Further, scuba diving is done with the help of proper gear, at shallow depths, and under the expert surveillance of expert divers. So, people don’t have to worry about their well-being as well. Even if they encounter any mishap or drop their breathing pipe from their mouths, it takes only a few seconds to emerge on the top of the water.
Given below is a list of the best scuba diving destinations in India. Check them out and plan an awesome beach vacation with your friends and family to the place that you like the most.
1. Kerala : Kerala is one of the most prominent tourist destinations in India that is famous for its stunning beaches and abundant marine life. This is also one of the best places to do scuba diving as the corals are vivid and significant in numbers. Kovalam Beach is one of the best beaches that are famous for scuba diving. You can also plan a hopping tour from one beach to another to enjoy scuba at all the major sites in Kerala. Hopping tours can also be planned via public buses, the bookings for which can be done online on AbhiBus. You can also make use of money-saving options such as the Abhibus Promo Code.
One of the unique things about scuba at Kovalam Beach is that you can ride underwater scooters while scuba diving here. There are a lot of scuba diving companies that offer diving courses here for kids and adults as well. So, if you want to make a career in diving or you wish to learn professional deep water diving, then Kovalam is one of the best places to do so.
2. Andaman Islands : Located in the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman Islands are one of the most famous and sterling beach destinations in India. Comprising of islands and reef systems, these islands offer one of the best scuba sites in India. You can enjoy scuba diving at multiple locations here, of which the best ones are Ross Island, Havelock, North Bay Islands, Neil Island and Jolly Buoy Islands. The coral life in Andaman is richer and better than any other place in India. So, the authorities leave no stone unturned in keeping it safe and preserved.
3. Karnataka : Karnataka is yet another tourist destination where you can enjoy scuba diving. Netrani Islands are located near Bhatkal from where you have to travel via water. You can also travel via road from Murudeshwar. You can make your bus ticket bookings online and also use Abhibus Promo Code for discounts on your bookings. Netrani Island is also called Pigeon Island and is a heart-shaped island in the Arabian Sea. You can also enjoy scuba at Mangalore, which is also famous for camping.
4. Lakshadweep Islands : Lakshadweep Islands are one of the best places in India for scuba diving as the marine life is extremely rich, and corals are vibrant in color. You need special permits to visit some particular islands for water adventures. Lakshadweep is one such place where tourists’ rush is not high. So, you can enjoy your vacation in peace. The best places to enjoy scuba here are Kavaratti, Bangaram, Minicoy and Kadmat. You can also enjoy wreck dives in Minicoy and Bangaram.
5. Chennai : Chennai’s East Coast Road is the most popular destination for scuba diving and many other water adventures. There are many PADI certified dive operators that you can choose for excursion dives, deep water dives, and learning diving as a career. Chennai’s East Coast Road runs along the coast and has many famous beaches along with it. The marine life is precious here, and corals are also present. You can enjoy camping, scuba diving and lots of other water activities here.
6. Goa : Grand Island in Goa is a place where you can enjoy one of the best diving experiences of Goa. The Grand Island is located in the West of the Mormugao Peninsula and is one of the most famous joints of scuba divers from all over the world. You can also enjoy wreck diving here at a site called Suzy’s Wreck, where a British ship sank due to intense storms in the 1930s. There is another wreck nearby – Davy Jones Locker, which is also a famous site for diving. The other popular places are Uma Gumma Reef, Turbo Tunnel, and Surge City.
7. Pondicherry : The Coral Sharks Reef in Pondicherry is a highly popular scuba diving destination in India, where you can also spot the White Tip Shark. The coral reefs are gorgeous, and the seafloor is sandy here. You can enjoy clicking brightly hued pictures here. The Aravind Wall is yet another must-visit scuba destination in Pondicherry that houses unique sea creatures such as butterflyfish, lionfish, and Honeycomb Moray Eel. You can also enjoy scuba at four corners, which is a diving site for open water divers. The Hole is a perfect place for deep-sea divers and is dark and deep, as the name suggests.
This completes our list of the unique and the best diving sites in India. So, which one are you going to visit first?