Getting married is one of the most precious moments in life. And the perfect ring can make it more special and memorable for your lifetime. However, there are so many different styles and designs available, it can be hard to decide what you should choose. The old rules have gone where only gold and diamond rings were only used for weddings. Today it’s all about different designs and stones that reflect the individual style, taste, and values. There is a stone out there for every budget, one such metal being the white gold wedding ring. So if you’re planning to propose or need to buy a wedding ring, here are some different types of stones that will make your ring more beautiful.
The different types of stones for engagement rings are as follows:
1. Aquamarine : Aquamarine is a pale blue colored stone that looks quite expensive, although they are not. A well-cut aquamarine looks amazingly dazzling and precious. It is also known to be a lucky stone. For all those who are a bit superstitious, this may be a great wedding ring choice. It is also a very hard and durable stone which makes it long-lasting.
2. Onyx : Traditionally diamonds are known to be a girl’s best friend. But for those who are a little gothic and bold, onyx is a perfect choice. It naturally comes in black color and it is the best choice to show your darker side. Due to its black color, it looks very classy and bold. The black stone stands out and loos perfect with a white gold wedding ring.
3. Sapphire : Sapphire is a blue gemstone that is very hard and only less durable than diamonds. It is the birthstone for the people born in the month of September. Sapphire also comes in many hues such as white green and pink. Its high durability makes it a perfect choice for wedding rings. A white sapphire looks somewhat like a diamond. Although it is less sparkly, they cost much less as compared to diamonds.
4. Morganite : The beautiful pale pink color of this gemstone makes it look truly romantic and makes it perfect for a wedding ring. Morganite has gained popularity in recent times and is a great alternative to diamonds. Though it is quite expensive, if you are looking for something unique then it is a great option.
5. Turquoise : Turquoise is quite different as compared to other gemstones. This stone comes in a very unique blue to green color and is also the oldest stone in man’s history. It is opaque, very strong and soothing to touch. Turquoise is known as the stone protection. It also has flecks of aluminum or copper shining through which gives it a more unique look.
6. Emerald : Emerald is a very beautiful looking green colored gemstone. It is the birthstone for the people born in the month of May. The green color makes it perfect for all nature lovers. It has a very unique retro look to it. Though the durability of emerald is considered to be poor, the appearance of it is unique and rich.
7. Diamonds : Diamonds are the best option if you are looking for a traditional look. Diamonds are the most commonly used stones for wedding rings and other jewelry. Though they are a bit expensive, they are strong and durable enough to last for a lifetime. Diamonds are available in various sizes, you can select the one which suits your budget well. If you want more dazzle and sine on your ring, then diamonds on a white gold wedding ring are the perfect option for you.
8. Garnet : If you are a fan of the color red and don’t want to spend a lot on rubies, then garnet is the best choice for you. Garnet is the birthstone for the people born in January. They are not as hard as rubies but it is a quite antique stone and looks timeless if used with small diamonds. Garnets are the perfect option if you want o give an antique and classic look to your wedding ring.
9. Topaz : Topaz is a gemstone that comes in multiple colors and is one of the hardest stones among the naturally occurring gemstones. It is thought to be a blue stone, but it can also be pink, green, red and orange. It is less expensive as compared to other gemstones.
10. Opal : Opal is a semi-precious and a very unique gemstone. It is so unique that no two opals can look the same. Every stone has its own unique appearance and shade. This makes it great for a wedding ring as your ring will be unique and exclusive. Opals are very dazzling and can shine every color of the rainbow.
Deciding on a wedding ring looks like a quite simple task, but in reality, it takes a lot of time and effort to finalize one. The above list of the gemstone will help you to decide which stone will be the best for your ring. A wedding ring makes it more memorable and precious.