In the following paragraphs, become familiar with how you can fix the Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server problem. We described various techniques to resolve the problem. Also, we described why the Outlook application cannot connect with the server. However, let’s understand – Exactly what does link with IMAP Server fail mean?
Microsoft Outlook is definitely an application that you can also add a lot of your email options. While adding a free account, you need to assign the e-mail settings by hand. Sometimes, because of inappropriate details, the program is not able to determine an association using the server. Therefore, you have to fix the problem.
There are many methods open to resolve the issue. However, you must know the reason why for that issue.
So Why Do I Keep Through an IMAP Outlook Error?
Although there are many causes of the customer-server connectivity issue, some reasons tend to be more prominent than the others. Understanding what causes Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server problems is required to solve the mistake. What causes the mistake message are listed below.
The very first reason behind Outlook not connecting towards the IMAP Server may be the wrong configuration settings. To determine a effective connection, you have to go into the appropriate values in every field while setting the account.
The anti-virus software and firewall might be blocking the customer-server connection. These power tools do not let access from unauthorized websites or insecure communication and keep Outlook account security. So, you have to switch off the settings during these utilities.
Corrupted PST files also make the error message. The PST files would be the Outlook documents that keep entire mailbox information. If these files get broken, you will come across the Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server error.
Now, let’s learn various techniques to resolve the problem.
How Do You Fix Outlook Cannot Connect with IMAP Server?
You will find manual methods to fix Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server error. They are cost free and don’t need any extra tools. While using manual procedures, it’s possible to resolve any Outlook error.
1. Outgoing Authentication Issue
To repair the Outlook can’t login to IMAP Server error, you have to let the outgoing server authentication. It will help in creating a safe and secure link between Outlook and also the IMAP Server. You are able to switch on the outgoing SMTP authentication by using the below steps.
- Launch the Outlook application.
- Click the File option, then select Account Settings in the Info tab.
- Next, pick the Account Settings option in the list.
- A brand new wizard can look on screen. Choose the preferred email account and press the modification option.
- Outlook can’t login to imap server
- Now, within the Add Account Window, press the greater settings option.
- Next, choose the Outgoing Server tab.
- Tick the My outgoing server (SMTP) necessitates the authentication option.
Finally, click the OK button in order to save the settings. Restart Outlook to check on if the issue will get resolved or otherwise.
2. Inappropriate IMAP Server Port
A appropriate port number is important for creating an association between your client and also the server. While configuring the settings by hand, you should know of entering the right port number for that IMAP Server. It’s important to repair the Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server error message. You should use one when needed. The steps to altering the IMAP Server port are below.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the File option in the menu bar.
- Now, choose the Account settings icon.
- Again, pick the Account settings option in the list.
- Within the new wizard, click the particular email account and press the modification icon.
- Next, choose the More Settings button within the change account window.
- Now, pick the Advanced tab.
- Set the Incoming Server (IMAP) to 143 (for Non-SSL) and 993 (for SSL).
- onnection to IMAP server fail
- Finally, click the OK button to use the modification.
- Fundamental essentials manual strategies to fix the Outlook 365 cannot connect with IMAP Server.
Although these solutions work well, you have to be a technical expert to do the above mentioned steps. Also, you can’t resolve the issue once the error occurs because of corrupted PST files. Therefore, you need to adopt a computerized solution.
Outlook PST File Repair Tool is advanced software to correct corrupted PST files and restore the entire mailbox data. The program is capable of doing recovering highly corrupted files. Also, the navigation from the software programs are clear to see. If Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server error arises because of corrupted PST files. The PST repair tool is the greatest means to fix fix the problem..
The content described various manual methods to fix the Outlook cannot connect with IMAP Server error. You can test these techniques to solve the problem. The manual techniques aren’t appropriate for brand new users. So, the best choice on their behalf may be the automatic solution. Outlook PST Repair tool effectively repairs the PST files and restores deleted Outlook mailbox products. It will help you in resolving the IMAP Server error if it’s caused because of corrupted PST files.