From the email you send from your phone to the television you play with a remote, everything is technology. The US overall tech industry market is worth almost $1.6 trillion. Employees in California noticed over 140,000 job postings in the second quarter of 2020. 34% of workers believe that their jobs will be automated in the next three years. Technology has always had a crucial role to play in this world. The pandemic, however, catalysed the digitisation of the world, which led to a significant increase in the demand for technology.
Whether you plan to launch a start-up or pursue a career in any field, staying abreast of the right technologies always comes in handy. So, here are the four most promising technology trends that will shape 2022 and beyond.
- Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is powered by machine learning algorithms that help us do complex, monotonous tasks in increasingly innovative ways. Smart cars, for instance, use facial recognition algorithm to identify when the driver isn’t paying attention to the road. The device also sends an alert when the driver is getting tired. Smartphones use AI algorithms to let us do what we want to do with a smartphone-like taking better quality pictures, setting a password for unlocking the device, etc.
Five areas where AI will have a huge impact in 2022:
- Workforce automation- As companies start relying on machines to crunch data and leverage AI to extra data, it helps them boost their productivity almost tenfold. It will help the workforce enhance their skills and embrace a more cognitive approach towards functioning.
- Language modelling- It is the use of machines to communicate with humans through the language humans can understand. Data scientists are also looking towards converting human languages into executable codes and running applications accordingly.
- Cybersecurity- The networks today are getting complicated each day. AI identifies patterns around network traffic to highlight any suspicious activities via smart algorithms.
Almost 72% of business executives report that AI is going to be a huge advantage to them in the future. AI is expected to contribute almost $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030. Nearly 55% of marketing officers find AI having a bigger effect on marketing than social media. The sooner you start integrating AI into your business, the easier it will be for you to thrive in this competitive world.
Have you heard of the names Decentraland, Meta, Niantic? These organisations are currently paving the way to a virtual world. It will let you spend time in a world that’s technically not present. Gamers often spend a large amount of time in games like GTA games, Second Life, etc. It’s the same thing that gamers experience but more realistic. Meta intends to create a world where you can work, make friends and even go to a club. According to Microsoft, a metaverse is a tool for professional collaboration. This can be the next step in the evolution of platform economies.
Metaverse 2022 trends
- Using coins in Metaverse Universe– It has been announced that almost 100 coin projects will launch in 2022, which will lead the primary metaverse coin projects like AXS, SAND and MANA.
- The beauty industry will be a part of Metaverse– Cosmetic brands such as Estee Lauder, Dior Beuty and NARS Cosmetics will sell cosmetics for 3D avatars in 2022.
- Disney will move into Metaverse– Disney is all set to move into the Metaverse universe. It will enhance the entertainment experience for the physical and Disney world altogether.
A virtual world may have different purposes. Some may want a virtual world to play their favourite sport, while others may have something to do with the economy. No matter what their purpose is, we can expect metaverses to come to reality in 2022. The first reason was the pandemic which made travelling difficult, thereby separating people from each other. Secondly, Facebook rebranded to Meta.
- Internet of Things or IoT
IoT and 5G grow hand in hand. The quick adoption of 5G networks is also accelerating the world of IoT. It will continue to do so in 2022 as well. This is just one of the most evolving trends that are driving change in the Internet of Things. The market is predicted to grow at a 25.4% CAGR rate and generate around $1.8 trillion by the end of 2028.
The popular IoT trends in 2022:
- 5G– As mentioned earlier, 5G and IoT grows hand in hand. The former facilitates IoT devices to connect and operate more efficiently with one another. You will enjoy benefits such as global internet coverage, faster data transfer rates, etc.
- Cybersecurity- Expect a significant growth in cybersecurity tools in the IoT space since the growth of IoT devices will invite new vulnerabilities for business security.
- Growth in wearable technology- IoT is going to push for more wearable technology such as smartwatches. These have huge potential in the IoT space and for a wide variety of businesses.
In 2022, IoT devices that communicate with different devices will help business operations function more efficiently. Remember, there is an initial learning curve for enterprises in the IoT space. So don’t lose patience while you learn to adopt this technology.
- Remote working
The pandemic made it compulsory, but remote working is now everywhere. Though many of us are still fidgeting with this entire new work-from-home system, we can expect the momentum to continue to build around distributed work forces. In 2022, we will become smarter and more comfortable with this new technology. As people and companies think beyond the office, remote work is soon to become hybrid work and work-from-anywhere the new normal. Even in education sector you can witness these many essay assignment help services have started working online again.
Here’s what to expect from remote working 2022:
- We will encounter more solutions and products specifically that cater to employee experience. Business leaders will consider office nothing more than a destination for collaboration and even protect the sense of personal space of each employee.
- We can expect AI to be an integral part of this remote working culture. It can help in removing background noises such as ambulance sirens, barking dogs or your neighbour’s lawnmower.
- AR will also create immersive workplace experiences for employees. Innovations like Smart Glasses will create interactive training experiences, multi-screen environments, etc.
Business and IT leaders expect at least 50% of the work in the future to happen outside a traditional brick and mortar office. Remote working will create efficiencies and opportunities that can transform the way we work and live.
2022 is going to be an exciting year, especially for the tech nerds out there. From providing assignment help to students to acquiring an educational qualification, most of the key activities will rely on the tech trends as discussed in this article. All we can do now is sit and watch. Technology is a success when it reaches the masses. So, we just need to wait for the tech trends to each the common people so that we can automate business processes, enhance productivity and live a smarter life.