Custom silicone molds are one of the easiest ways to make quick molds. Often, prototypes are reshaped from silicone. Generally, about 10-30 sheets can be copied. This has a direct and profound impact on silicone manufacturing, involving a lot of operational details.
Silicone molds have good elasticity and replication, so you don’t need to worry about draft. Does not affect the dimensional accuracy, good separation. Then cut along the predetermined parting line and take out the master mold.
Mold opening form of custom silicone molds
Regarding the production of silicone molds, the choice of mold opening form and the choice of mold line are very important. One is for the convenience of model taking. Secondly, the choice of mold line should not affect the overall effect of the product. Third, it does not affect the quality of the product, such as water characteristics.
The position of the mold line of the series products is too high, the mold line needs a lot of materials, and the product is easy to crack; the fourth is to reduce the process operation procedures, such as opening the half mold. Silicone manufacturing requires reliable silicone mold support.
To keep the silicone from flowing around, use a wooden square or plank to hold the custom silicone molds within the rules. When opening the mold, use a board and sludge to separate the part that was opened first. It is required that there is no gap between the silicone molds, and the surface of the sludge is smooth and flat. After the above work is ready, apply petroleum jelly or spray mold release agent on the plaster mold or mold seed.
Essentials of Silicone Manufacturing
For smooth products, use a clean cotton cloth dipped in Vaseline to spread evenly on the mold, and keep it for 30 minutes, so that the mold can fully absorb the Vaseline, and then wipe the mold surface with a clean cotton cloth, requiring a bright surface; for textured products, Just apply Vaseline evenly and adjust the silicone to the recipe. Of course, silicone products, as an important part of silicone manufacturing, have an undoubted status.
When preparing the silica gel, it should be stirred in an irregular direction to fully mix the curing agent and the silica gel, and try to mix the air into the glue as much as possible. For smooth products, it is best to vacuumize when applying the first layer of glue, and the vacuum degree is required to be -0.1Mpa. 7-8 seconds.
How to Define Silicone Manufacturing
After the custom silicone molds is prepared, it should be formed in time. Drop glue on the highest part of the mold and let it flow naturally. Use an oil paintbrush to paint out the places where the flow is not in place. If it is a mold, the silicone will not only fill the entire product, but also brush the glue evenly.
In the process of brushing silicone, you need to brush another layer after each layer is cured. When brushing the third layer, add another layer on top of the second. Gauze layer to increase the strength of the silicone. The thickness of the silicone part of the entire mold is controlled at 3-4mm according to the size of the product, and the width is not greater than 60mm of the width of the product. The time for the silica gel to start to solidify is 20 minutes.
Custom Silicone Mold Manufacturing
- Wash and dry the master mold to make it smooth (you can apply a layer of mold release wax or mold release agent).
- Weigh the curing agent by weight (usually 1.5-2.5%) and add it to the container for mixing, stirring evenly; Especially in silicone manufacturing.
- Add a certain amount of silica gel diluent (especially the first layer) as appropriate.
- After the mold silicone rubber (mold silicone, mold glue, silicone rubber, silicone) is mixed with the curing agent, it reacts at room temperature to release low molecular alcohol. minute. You can also use no equipment (mainly depends on the operating experience of the molding machine)
- For the multi-layer brush mold, it is advisable to cure the inner, middle and outer at the same time. When the amount of curing agent is relatively small, the reaction time is prolonged, the reaction is sufficient, and the colloid is good. Therefore, the amount of the curing agent is preferably less inside and more outside. When painting, wait for the first (inner) coat to dry before applying the second coat. It’s like a custom silicone molds. The operation time is 30-50 minutes, and the demolding time is 10-15 hours. Maintenance time is 24 hours.
Note that it is best to add mold cloth after coating the first and second layers, which can greatly improve the service life of the mold (but do not use glass fiber cloth, otherwise it will easily cause delamination and the entire mold will be scrapped)
- The three-dimensional perfusion mold is generally cured for 10-15 hours.
- After the soft mold is made, a plaster or glass fiber reinforced plastic sheath should be made to support the silicone soft mold.