The birth of the digital era has revolutionized the world & the way it works. It has changed the means of technology and has set a benchmark for revamping the relationships between people and their lives.
Virtual Conference management is one of the most important changes of this era.
Digital life is all about consuming information, spreading knowledge, and interacting with people.
Virtual platforms help reach a broader audience, have cost-benefit, are eco-friendly, can be accessible anytime-anywhere. Virtual conferences and events often result in 10x number of participants & registrations.
What is a Virtual Conference?
A virtual conference is an online interactive activity that brings together a significant group of people who share similar special interests or skills – to connect, educate, and create.
Coping with the current scenarios of Virtual Reality, a lot of new initiatives have been taken to set virtual events & conferences. Many agencies have transformed their work culture & become some of the great virtual event agencies in India.
Virtual conferences, like conventional conferences, feature keynote sessions, breakout sessions, live entertainment, educational sessions, etc are to interact and engage with audiences online.
Are there advantages of virtual conferences?
- Hosting environment-friendly space:
A virtual conference minimizes the need for travel, publishing, and other aspects that may have an environmental impact. The litter created by printed items & brochures, adds to the development of carbon footprint.
1. Access & attendance at par:
A virtual conference negates the need to visit the venue to participate in the event. With no bound to travel, the registrations & participants tend to increase with freedom of joining from all parts of the world.
2.Great value at a low cost:
One can substantially reduce these expenditures by having a virtual conference. With no travel, you may hire reputable speakers for a fraction of cost and receive convenience as well.
3.Networking & measurable results:
Networking is made simple with virtual conferences. The presence of discussion forums, live audio, video, and text conversations, enables all participants to create long-lasting connections. Shifting to a virtual conference may result in more accurate and useful data.
Creating a virtual conference strategy, how?
The driving factor behind your virtual conference management should be content since this is what will pique the attention of participants and secure registrations. The content style you pick will be determined by the topic of your conference as well as your target population.
Few content formats that can be used:
- Digital presentation:
These are some presentations that emphasize evaluating technological obstacles and problems within an industry, as well as presenting workable solutions to such issues.
- Thought Leadership:
Influencer publications and presentations are focused on offering an insight into the industry’s future and your position on the current state.
It entails exchanging ideas on developing technologies and processes, as well as the important advances that are affecting the industry’s aims.
- Discussions & Interviews:
When arranging a discussion, the basic goal is to engage the virtual audience and assist them in making connections as the panelists express their perspectives.
- Virtual performances:
You may have artists perform at your virtual event for entertainment and engagement. Some platforms include a performance option that may be utilized to improve streaming quality.
KPI’s of a Virtual Conference?
With every virtual program, you need to set goals and identify key performance indicators (KPIs) before the showdown in order to assess event success at every stage.
When working in a virtual environment, it’s challenging to meet various, segmented goals. Alternatively, develop goals that propel the virtual conference’s mission.
- Business Goals:
- Revenue generation
- Brand awareness/ Lead generation
- Consumers retention
- Lifetime value
- Product appreciation
- Visual appearance
- Attendee Goals:
- Training & education
- Entertainment & festivity
Is it really a challenge to execute virtual conferences?
Virtual conferences are similar to in-person meetings. In reality, most of the preparation is the same – from website development to registration to email advertising, the fundamentals are the same. However, when it comes to virtual conferences, a greater emphasis on technology is required.
In-person events have 25% tech expenditure and a 75% non-tech expense, while virtual events have 75% tech expenditure and 25% non-tech expenditure.
Building a cross-functional team, virtually?
When planning to go virtual, make sure your team is tech-ready & tech-savvy.
The marketing team, which is already familiar with conducting successful webinar programmes, may help with content, advertising, and strategic planning.
Marketers that are also active in evaluating technologies play an important role in acquiring the right virtual call center software.
The IT and digital team, who often have considerably less burden during in-person events, will become your superstars, verifying that streaming, connection, and other features are operational throughout the virtual conference.
Lastly, what is the method for virtual conference management?
- Tools: Customizing is an important aspect of virtual meetings. You may wish to choose a platform that meets your requirements and has flexibility.
Here are a few platforms you may look into to determine whether they meet your needs:
- Google Meet
- NetworkTables Virtual
- Broadcast & recording: A virtual conference without live broadcast & recording shall never be considered as a virtual event. Along with surveys, your digital platform should include polls, Q&As, live chats, and trade exhibitions. Pre-recorded content is always the best option for your presentation.
- Digital presence: If not for the event’s social presence, who is going to attend it? You might like your presentation or event to reach more people as possible. Using social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, etc will be very beneficial to bring in registrations & participants for your events.
- Customer support: Whenever we discuss virtual meetings, we often address internet connection concerns, sign-in obstacles, and other hurdles that may disturb the conference. As a result, if you’re planning a virtual event, troubleshooting should be a top priority. The first step is to become familiar with digital hazards.
- Data highlights: When deciding on a platform for a virtual conference, make sure that reports are available. You may utilise event insights to focus on important features and minimize less appealing content in the future.
- Feedback: As you conduct more virtual conferences, you will become more acquainted with the environment. You can provide helpful feedback to the platform you’re using about certain not responding features. Reporting any problems will only help you explore the site more efficiently.
Following the days & remembering the past, the digital era has impacted the globe with its aura. Realizing that the future is all about virtual reality, people & their innovation is reaching the next level. With virtual conference management being a pea in the pod, competition has begun between potential virtual event agencies in India to become number 1.
For more information or assistance in your Virtual Conference Management,