Griselda Blanco, a notorious figure in the cocaine trade, faced public scrutiny when the South Florida Sun Sentinel exposed her in 1989. The article revealed that she had welcomed her three oldest sons into the cocaine trade, leading to their opulent lifestyles.
The Tragic Fate of Griselda Blanco’s Sons
By 2008, however, tragedy struck as two of her three eldest sons were reportedly killed, allegedly in retribution for the havoc caused by Blanco herself. Let’s delve into the gripping story of what happened to each of Griselda Blanco’s sons.
Griselda Blanco had four sons. She had three sons, Osvaldo (also known as Ozzy), Dixon, and Uber, with her first husband, Carlos Trujillo, who was known for forging documents. After divorcing Carlos and his subsequent death, she married two more times. Her third husband, Darlo Sepúlveda, became the father of her fourth and youngest son, Michael Corleone.
The Tragic Demise
The fate of Griselda Blanco’s sons unfolded dramatically. The series suggests that these sons, drawn into the family’s criminal empire, faced untimely deaths – Ozzy in a nightclub, Dixon while walking to his car, and Uber during a drug deal in Colombia.
Michael Corleone’s Journey
The only surviving son, Michael Corleone Blanco, distanced himself from the criminal path. Michael’s tumultuous journey began when his father, Darlo, took him to Colombia after separating from Griselda Blanco. Griselda, however, orchestrated Darlo’s murder and brought Michael back to Miami at the age of nine. At this tender age, Michael was thrust into the family’s illegal activities.
At just 12, Michael faced a pivotal moment as his mother was sentenced to 25 years in jail for drug trafficking. Michael had to step up and take charge of his mother’s illicit business with his elder brothers, Ozzy, Dixon, and Uber, also behind bars.
Continuing to run the cartel even after his brothers were killed, Michael faced legal trouble at 34, receiving house arrest for two counts of felony related to cocaine trafficking. It was during this time that he learned about his mother’s tragic demise.
A Reformed Life
His mother’s fate prompted Michael to turn away from the criminal world, determined not to subject his sons to the hardships he had endured. Transitioning out of the drug cartel, Michael embraced a reformed life. Now married with children, he owns a lifestyle brand called “Pure Blanco” and is working on a book titled “My Mother, The Godmother, and the True Story of Michael Corleone Blanco, the Son of Griselda Blanco.” Residing in Miami, he is focused on building a better life for his family.
The story of Griselda Blanco’s sons is a tragic tale of crime, violence, and redemption. While some met untimely ends due to their involvement in the family’s criminal activities, Michael Corleone Blanco chose a different path, determined to break free from the cycle of crime and provide a better life for his own family.
What Happened To Griselda Blanco Sons – FAQs
- How many sons did Griselda Blanco have? Griselda Blanco had four sons from her first and third marriages.
- What fate befell Griselda Blanco’s sons as portrayed in the Netflix series? Three of her sons tragically lost their lives in apparent crime-related incidents, while her youngest survived.
- Who is the surviving son of Griselda Blanco, and how did the others meet their end? Michael Corleone Blanco is the only surviving son, distancing himself from the criminal legacy. Ozzy, Dixon, and Uber faced violent deaths.
- How did Michael Corleone Blanco become involved in the family’s criminal activities? Michael was forced into the family business at the age of nine, following his mother’s separation from his father.
- What led Michael Corleone Blanco to leave the crime world? The tragic end of his mother prompted Michael to transition away from criminal activities, wanting to spare his own sons from a similar fate.