The Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is a skilled work visa granted to overseas applicants who have skills in occupations that are greatly demanded in the Australian employment sector. Applicants are nominated by a state or territory government based on their skills and qualifications mentioned in the Expressions of Interest (EOIs) they submit at the first stage of application.
In addition to that, several factors play a key role in the application procedure. This blog provides a comprehensive discussion of all these factors that you must keep in mind while starting the application procedure.
This visa is under the General Skilled Migration Program
The General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program, designed by the Australian Department of Home Affairs, issues most of the permanent residence visas of Australia and serves as the main pathway for overseas skilled workers wanting to migrate to Australia. For this reason, this Visa subclass 190 is also called the Skilled Migration Visa 190.
Keep in mind the eligibility criteria
Once you start preparations to apply for this Skilled nominated visa subclass 190, make sure you meet the following 190 Visa Australia requirements.
At the time of submitting your Expression of Interest, your age should be under 45 years. Keep in mind that age restriction will not be applicable for secondary applicants.
Your occupation must be listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) or the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). If you find it hard to find your occupation from any list, it will be better to search using the ANSCO (Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) code.
For that nominated occupation, you must complete a skills assessment, and the result should be positive.
Nomination from a territory or state government
According to the Migration Regulations 1994, you have to receive your nomination from an Australian territory or state government. Once a state government nominates you, the Federal Government will send you an invitation to apply.
One point to note here is that not every state is open for all occupations the whole year. Also, because 190 visa requirements are different for all states, you must thoroughly check them before applying.
English language criteria
You must have a competent level of English. To prove it, you have to show the following English language results. At least 6 in each four IELTS bands of reading, writing, speaking, and listening will be required. Other English test results are also accepted.
However, if you are a citizen of any English-speaking country like the USA, the UK, Ireland, Canada, or New Zealand, you are exempt from this condition.
You have to score a minimum score of 65 on the points test
The 190 Skilled Visa is points-based, and thus, you will only be eligible for the skilled migration visa 190 if you achieve the minimum points’ score in the points test. Currently, a score of at least 65 is required to apply for this 190 skilled visa. Here we give a detailed list of how many points you will obtain for each parameter.
The following points will be awarded for different age groups. If your age is between 25 and 32, you will benefit the most.
- Age group: 18-24 – Points: 25
- Age group: 25-32 – Points: 30
- Age group: 33-39 – Points: 25
- Age group: 39-44 – Points: 15
English language test score
- You will get no points for a Competent level of English (6 overall scores in IELTS).
- Having a Proficient level of English (7 overall scores in IELTS) will fetch you 10 points.
- 20 points will be awarded if you have a Superior level of English (8 overall scores in IELTS).
If you have worked outside Australia, the point division will be as follows.
- For 3-5 years of experience, 5 points
- For 5-8 years of experience, 10 points
- For 8-10 years of experience, 15 points
Applicants who have worked inside Australia will receive the following points.
- For 1-3 years of experience, 5 points
- For 3-5 years of experience, 10 points
- For 5-8 years of experience, 15 points
- For 8-10 years of experience, 20 points
- Holding a Diploma will help you obtain 10 points.
- If you have a Bachelor’s or Masters’s, you will get 15 points.
- The highest score of 20 points is awarded to applicants with a Doctorate.
Australian study requirement
If you have completed at least one degree from any Australian institute or university, it can help you a lot. 5 valuable points will be added to your points list.
There are also other factors affecting the total points, which are as follows.
- 5 points for studying in a regional area of Australia
- 10 points for partner’s qualifications.
- 5 points for successful completion of a Professional Year Program.
The visa application follows a step-by-step procedure
For a successful Adelaide 190 Visa application, follow these steps.
- Get your skills assessment done by the relevant authority.
- Submit your EOI.
- The state will nominate you upon EOI assessment.
- You will receive the invitation to apply.
- Start with the application and complete it by submitting all the documents.
- The Immigration Department will inform its decision.
Registered immigration agents in Adelaide will be ideal for providing you with the necessary guidance regarding the application.
The visa takes several months to get processed
Usually, for 75% of applications, the 190 Visa processing time is 5 months, while for 90% of applications is 10 months.
Remain compliant with the visa conditions
While living in Australia with this visa, every applicant should obey the 190 Visa conditions to avoid any chance of visa cancellation.
- In the next 5 years of receiving the visa, you can travel abroad and return to Australia with this visa whenever you wish. But after 5 years, you will need to obtain a Resident Return Visa to return to Australia.
- You must not violate any laws while staying in Australia.
Get Help From An Immigration Agent In Adelaide
You can contact these agents at any time and from anywhere in the world. However, before hiring an immigration agent in Adelaide, make sure they are experienced and registered.